Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

equation editor

is there a decent equation editor in pages for ipad?

iphone, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 7:31 PM

16 replies

Apr 21, 2010 10:05 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom Gewecke, when you said, "... but it can easily use one that you download from elsewhere," what did "it" refer to: (1) just the full OS X pages or (2) both the OS X pages and the iPad Pages? If the latter, can I trouble you to refer me to the relevant equation editor? Personally, I would not have spent the money on iPad pages if I had known there was no equation editor available for it. (I think Apple could have been more forthcoming about that on their website.)

Message was edited by: BillSmithAustin

Apr 21, 2010 10:26 AM in response to BillSmithAustin

what did "it" refer to: (1) just the full OS X pages or

That's correct. The full OS X Pages (but not the cheaper version sold for the iPad) has a menu item designed to facilitate the insertion of a MathType equation. I think other editors can also be used via ordinary copy/paste mode. No equation editor comes with the full OS X Pages, you have to acquire MathType yourself.

I think there are probably iPad or iPhone apps that would let you create equations and then copy/paste the result into Pages.

I would not have spent the money on iPad pages if I had known there was no equation editor available for it. (I think Apple could have been more forthcoming about that on their website.)

To tell Apple this, go here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages_ipad.html

Jul 25, 2010 2:00 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

i'm surprised. still no apps that even remotely approach mathtype or microsoft word's equation editor. finding lots of threads asking for formula editors on ipad though. some developers need to step up and either get a formula editor that exports an image to copy into ipad word processors or build an equation editor into their word processor. i predict that 3rd party developers will have one done long before apple decides to integrate this feature into their pages app.

Mar 11, 2014 4:11 AM in response to LandonWaldner0000

I've found a possible solution to insert all types of equations into Pages for iPad, without Latex or inserting an images. All only made with Pages for iPad and it's tools. If you wanna know how I've done it, give to me your email and I'll send you an example. For my, it's the best solution because it works without internet or other apps (except to copy and paste symbols but this is without internet too).

Mar 11, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Yes but I only say that if you want to insert an equation in Pages for iPad, it's impossible,only with Latex or inserting images and copy/paste. So, with copy/paste and Latex and images your document will be so big. So, I've found the way to insert equations and formulas with Pages tools and without any app of Latex etc.

Mar 11, 2014 8:09 AM in response to Xcrius

Xcrius wrote:

I've found the way to insert equations and formulas with Pages tools and without any app of Latex etc.

Then just tell everyone what it is. That is what these forums are for. NOT for asking people for their email addresses. Why are you not able to do this? Use the camera icon to upload pictures if you need to show examples.

Mar 11, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Tom. First of all sorry for all disadvantages. So, I asked the emails because I was writing with iPad and I could not see the camera icon. I'll try to show you my example, made with Pages for iPad only and it's tools. This is made with the tools of Pages, like text-space-line, arrows from tools and text shapes and other keyboards from iPad, like greek or latin, to take the symnols (pi, gamma, etc).User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

equation editor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.