Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad frozen on connect to iTunes icon...restart doesn't work

My iPad is frozen on connect to itunes icon...will not let me do anything...I cannot connect to itunes because it's asking for the passcode which I cannot put in because it's telling me to connect to itunes!

ipad

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 8:06 PM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2010 9:00 AM in response to tmckdub

I'm having the same issue and was not successful force quiting the application. It appears that the applications are running in the background. I am receiving email notifications and event notifications, however, I can not bypass the screen showing the USB cable connecting to iTunes.

I do have a passcode and am not prompted to enter the code. iTunes won't sync with the iPad saying that I must unlock the iPad first; catch-22.

I've reset the device and restarted the device; nothing. Next step - frisby?

Any other suggestions?

May 11, 2011 12:55 AM in response to tmckdub

Mine is frozen on ITunes icon and the USB plug in symbol. What I did is unplug the USB connection, restart my computer. Then open iTunes again, plug in and connect the USB from Ipad to CPU, it asked to restore and I say yes. It will take some time for Restoring IPad Firmware (7 mins)... After it's done it will say it restore successfully and ask you to stay plugged (do NOT unplug!). You will see that your iPad brand new like factory setting. After that, say yes to Restore from the backup of iPad. This will take some time (5 mins) to Sync to your old set ups and get all your apps back again. But it will be disorganized so u have to re organined again. Voila, it's working again! Hope it helps =)

iPad frozen on connect to iTunes icon...restart doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.