Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD Player and the Get Disc Info option

I've two Macs running OSX 10.4.11 and DVD Player 4.6.5. Recently when I insert a DVD I cannot access the *Get Disc Info* Menu.

It happens the same on both Macs although it used to work.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

G3 400 BW/ 1 GB RAM/ 120GB HD/ DVR-111D/ ATI Radeon 9200/ Tempo Trio 133, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iBook G4 1.33 GHz/ 1,25 GB RAM/ 320 GB HD/ 400 GB HD FW/ Mac OS X 10.4.11

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 12:16 PM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2010 8:36 AM in response to nOmada

What is the source of these DVDs? I assume these are movies since you are using DVD Player. Are these commercial movies in standard DVD format? Do they even play? Commercial movies in the US tend to be done with copy-protection methods and I wonder if interfering with that might make the information invalid.

Apr 5, 2010 9:53 AM in response to nOmada

I don't know the intimate details of how DVDplayer works. Perhaps the measures you are undertaking to circumvent the copy protection are affecting the parts that provide this information to DVDPlayer.

By the way, Apple is very sensitive about any discussion on this forum involving circumvented copy-protected DVDs (after all, iTunes Store sells a lot of media and has to remain on good terms with all those mega corporations). I'm just letting you know because even mentioning having removed copy protection has had topics deleted.

DVD Player and the Get Disc Info option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.