Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pro keys not working after 10.4.3 Upgrade (!?!)

Hi All
My computer is a dual processor G4 1.42 chrome drive door. I have an Apple Pro keyboard and a Macally 3 button scroll mouse.

I just upgraded from 10.3.x (x=4 I think) to 10.4.3

After the upgrade the eject and volume keys on the keyboard don’t work. The only way I can open the optical drive is to start iTunes and use the button in that application.

I’m pretty sure the keyboard selection is wrong, but I run into a brick wall everywhere I go to change it.

MAC HELP says:
Open System Preferences and click Keyboard & Mouse.
Click Keyboard.
Click the "Change Keyboard Type" button...

But there is =NO= such button there.

I tried searching and found the Keyboard Setup Assistant, but it does not open or run - nothing happens when I double click on it.

I tried reinstalling 10.4.3 - No change

The input settings are set to US. I also tried US Extended. No change.

How do I get all the buttons on my keyboard to work?

A.M.

Dual G4 1.42 (Chrome Drive Doors), Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 20, 2005 2:51 AM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2005 3:31 PM in response to Ambrose McNibble

FYI
I've solved the problem.

This problem, and several other symptoms (Safari hangs, slow log-on, Epson Printer Utility hangs, etc.) appear to have been caused by an old version of Spell Catcher.

Spell Catcher is a truly =GREAT= program by Rainmaker Software ( http://www.rainmakerinc.com/). It's been around in one form or another since 1985 and I've been using it almost that long. It's inexpensive, and does more stuff for me than I'll go into here. (Including checking this message as I type it.)

-BUT- you MUST upgrade to version 10.2 if you are running Tiger. Or suffer the consequences.

Thank you all those who have read this and tried to figure out what was going on.

A.M.

Dual G4 1.42 (FW800) Mac OS X (10.4.3) Spell Catcher, spellcatcher

Apple Pro keys not working after 10.4.3 Upgrade (!?!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.