Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not auto-connecting to Wifi!

This is starting to bug me! If I wake my iPad from sleep, it doesn't automatically connect to my first-gen dual-band Time Capsule anymore. I have to keep going into Settings, and then touching my protected network which is showing there, and then it connects. So obviously it remembers the network and WPA2 password, but it's not auto-connecting. It's really annoying!

Anyone else experiencing this? I've reset network settings, and even reset the whole device a couple of times, and it still misbehaves.

*EDIT*

It's doing it on 2 iPads. I suspect there's some wifi glitches with these devices. Shame, really. 😟

Message was edited by: WGrose

iMac i7, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 10:18 PM

40 replies

Apr 5, 2010 12:35 AM in response to WGrose

Same here.

WiFi connection drops all of a sudden, shutting down and powering up again sometimes solves it sometimes it doesn't. It asks a 1000 times for my WEP password where it should have remembered it.
Doesn't matter where I am close to the router or not. I do not have the same problem with my iPhone it connects and the WiFi is constant.
I checked the modem for new firmware but there wasn't any. Don't know what else to do.

Apr 5, 2010 3:30 PM in response to WGrose

Same here. iPad doesn't disconnect from previous network and doesn't notify if new networks are found. Irritating. I've tried turning off/on the setting for it, reboots, hard reset, nothing works. On the flip side once I manually tell it to connect to the network I want it seems to work fine. No dropped signal.

iPad not auto-connecting to Wifi!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.