Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPad Support Arabic?

Is the iPad supporting Arabic language?
I mean in terms of:

- Browsing Arabic sites
- Typing in Arabic
- Arabic interface and applications

IBM, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 2:56 AM

The specifications stae that it supports;

Languages

* Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Russian
* Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France, Canada), German, Japanese (QWERTY), Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin), Russian
* Dictionary support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, French (Canadian), French (Swiss), German, Japanese, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin), Russian

I would imagine more would come in due course as it is released in different regions of the world.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2010 2:56 AM in response to zjali

The specifications stae that it supports;

Languages

* Language support for English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Russian
* Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France, Canada), German, Japanese (QWERTY), Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin), Russian
* Dictionary support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, French (Canadian), French (Swiss), German, Japanese, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese (Handwriting and Pinyin), Russian

I would imagine more would come in due course as it is released in different regions of the world.

Jun 17, 2010 7:03 PM in response to furaihi

I was wondering would the new iOS 4 support having Arabic keyboard?

It is impossible to know, because no info has been released regarding the iOS4 that will be put on the iPad in the fall. The iPhone already has an Arabic keyboard, so of course iOS4 for that device has one too.

Logic tells me yes, but then logic tells me the iPad should already have an Arabic keyboard.

Does iPad Support Arabic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.