Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini server with Apple remote

Hi,

Bought my mac mini server november last year, and much to my surprise, with it came an Apple remote. Not the latest one but the flat all-white one.

This weekend I have redeployed the mini in my house and want to start using Frontrow, however my remote does not seem to work with the mini.

I have tested the remote with a number of other maca and atvs, there it works fine.

Any pointers appreciated

Pim

PB, iMac, G5, MacBookPro, Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 2*23" Cinema's

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 5:45 AM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2010 7:54 AM in response to Dah•veed

That is really strange, the remote is not list as being in the box on the Mac mini Server's Specs page!

I believe it used to be, there was definitely a pre-formed space for it in the box

Have you checked the battery since it is an old model?

I mentioned i worked perfect with any of the other Macs in the house 🙂

You can use Mac Help in the Help menu of the Finder. Go to Index>A>Apple Remote for troubleshooting and pairing instructions.

Not sure if this is the issue, since the server version does not have an optical drive, I was wondering if it has an IR eye

Pim

Apr 5, 2010 11:28 AM in response to Pim Versteeg

Not sure if this is the issue, since the server version does not have an optical drive, I was wondering if it has an IR eye

Good question. The photos of the Server at Apple.com show what should be an IR receiver because it is in the same location as the receiver on a standard mini. On the mini it is located on the far right of the optical disc slot and the photos show a good sized hole there on the Server. Does yours have that hole? There should be a much smaller hole below it that has the power indicator LED.

You can see if you have onboard IR in System Profiler; Hardware/USB, is there an IR receiver listed on one of the USB busses?

Mac mini server with Apple remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.