8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2011 9:52 PM by MrMcMac
Jensen Gelfond Level 2 Level 2 (285 points)
I already have a Mac and an iPhone, so I do not need my iPad popping up my calendar alerts. How do I disable this for the iPad (and only the iPad)? Thanks.

Macbook Black Core 2 Duo 2.2, Mac OS X (10.6), iPhone 3GS 32GB
  • Matthew Pounsett Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    I'm running into the same problem. I globally disabled alarms in iCal on my laptop because I didn't need it and my iPhone reminding me of appointments.. but now I've got the same problem with the iPad going off all the time too.

I'd love to know how to disable iCal alerts on the iPad. I haven't been able to find a preference option for it anywhere (not that there are many places to look).

iPhone OS 3.2 (not an option in the OS list yet)
  • Matthew Pounsett Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    I just found something promising... in an unexpected place. In the main system Settings -> General -> Sounds there's a switch for "Calendar Alerts." It remains to be seen whether this disables the alerts entirely, or just disables the audio portion, but it's a start.
  • natuscape Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I'm running into this issue from another angle... it eats up my battery to have the calendar alerts going off all the time! I'm considering paying the $29 to find out if Apple can solve this for me. Kind of a real hassle!
  • addjames Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Has anyone figured out a way to solve this problem? Very annoying to have my Mac, iPhone, iPad all alert me of the same thing at once. Thanks

• Teddy Gizmo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Would like solution to this as well. My iPad is synced to computer same as my iPhone. Alerts work on all devices, but if I don't use my iPad for couple days, next time I open it I have to click through a couple days worth of notifications for events that already occurred. Would like to just turn off ALL iCal event notifications on IPad ONLY so don't have to click through them. Having them on iPhone in my pocket is enough.

• DrCummings Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I too was hoping that Apple might have thought to allow different alert/alarm settings for different devices.  Like Teddy Gizmo, I have laptop, iPhone, iPad. Wife has same combo.  Worse, we share some calendars.  Thus I get to have the same two day old alert pop up on my iPad (sometimes 6 times for the same alert).  Lets hope to god that this "feature" will be resolved in iOS5.  If not, Steve and Tim should fire the Microsoft programmers they got together to initially set up MobileMe and fire them all. What every happened to "it just works"?

• Konnerth Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Yes, I would love to have my Exchange calendar appear on my iPad, but not get a slew of calendar notifications each time I unlock it.  Another solution would be to give me a 'Dismiss All' choice on the first notification so that I didn't have to slowly go through them individually .

For now, I'll turn off the Calendar entirely.

• MrMcMac Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Partial solution for battery drain.

Turn off the sound, use Apples iPad cover to keep it asleep.

Of course, you still must wade through every alert that iCal has sent for as long as the machine has been off!