Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IBooks subcategories?

Hi everyone,

It's possible I'm being dense but there doesn't seem to be a way to browse the iBookstore's subcategories. Just going to the "Nonfiction" category isn't particularly helpful if I want to browse a specific genre of nonfiction, for example. I figure this has to be an option given that all the books have subcategories you can see when you look at the book and it wouldn't make sense for that information to be there yet be useless. Am I missing something or is this functionality not there?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 8:08 PM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2010 11:27 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I have tried typing in the subcategory into the search bar. The problems with this technique:

1) there's no list of subcategories to choose from so I might not know all that's available
2) it searches the whole description, not just the category listing. So say I search for "short stories." It will bring up a few results for short stories, but many more random results that happen to have the words "short" and "stories" in the description.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Looks like I'm not blind in this case and it's some strange oversight on Apple's part. I'll use the suggestion page and hopefully they'll fix it soon. What good's a bookstore without the ability to browse? 🙂

IBooks subcategories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.