Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GameRanger problems with latest OSX

I play games on GameRanger, the Mac internet gaming program, but Snow Leopard prevents me from playing multiplayer. I do not want to regress my system, because all my other programs work well.
1. Is Apple aware of this issue?
2. Can this be fixed with an update/patch?
Cheers
Dredd

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 8:27 AM

2 replies

Apr 6, 2010 8:46 AM in response to Dreddnort

1. Is Apple aware of this issue?

This is not an issue for Apple to need to be aware of. GameRanger probably needs to be updated for Mac OS X 10.6. I see no information on their site about what versions of Mac OS X are supported, so you will probably need to contact them.

2. Can this be fixed with an update/patch?

Possibly an update of GameRanger. Have you checked for a new version? If not, you need to contact the developer and ask about support for Snow Leopard.

Apr 7, 2010 8:55 AM in response to thomas_r.

I contacted GameRanger and they were pretty dismissive. I contacted the software company whose title i am having the most problems with (Battlestations Midway) and they were very helpful and told me they had contacted GameRanger about their issue and were in talks. I was wondering if Apple knows about this and is able to prompt GameRanger to update (hoping they have some sway over the matter). Other game titles are having buggy issues since Gameranger's last update too. I'm not willing to buy anymore online based games for Mac until Gameranger sorts this out. Though its not as good, I'm jumping to my Windows computer to play games. It's all disappointing.
Cheers
Dredd

GameRanger problems with latest OSX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.