Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Scratches easily watch out

Well I have no idea how it happened but I have a scratch. It has been in the apple case since I opened it. I let a kid draw on it but I was watching the whole time. The screen seems easy to scratch. This stinks.

Macpro 8core

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 9:49 AM

28 replies

Apr 6, 2010 10:11 AM in response to smoot

The olephobic "coating" is not a coating in the sense that it can protect anything... it simply helps to avoid smudges... it will NOT protect the screen at all from damage or scratches...You need a screen cover for that...

The brand available in Apple Retail stores will be coming out with one soon... here is the link if interested...Apple is rumored to stop carrying all screen covers in store soon...

http://www.powersupportusa.com/

Apr 6, 2010 5:29 PM in response to smoot

Did you by any chance get a photo of the scratches? My iPod touch has help up pert darn well over the years, and i am hoping that the iPad does as well. HOWEVER, i have noticed today a couple of very small, almost unnoticeable dust scratches. Since purchase day, i have had this in the apple case, and have been very very careful with it. The only thing i can attribute the scratches to is the cleaning cloth I am using to wipe the screen down. Since the iPad didn't come with one, i decided to use the cloth that came with my 27" iMac. Sometimes dust and lint builds up in these kinds of cloths, and can create dust scratches on the screen. How, i don't know...considering I have used an old raggedy towel to clean my ipods screen, which didn't leave a single mark. Using that same towel on my blackberry completely destroyed the top piece of the phone. Heh

While on this subject, i was going to post a new thread but figure i can ask here...what are you guys using to clean the iPad?? The iMac cleaning cloth works, but it does not remove "spit" marks (you now, those little dots on the screen from when talking with the ipad in front of your face) on the device. I have wet the cloth damply and used this to clean the screen, which seems fine.

Screen Scratches easily watch out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.