Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word Count in Pages?

I just downloaded pages for my iPad and I'm wondering how I can find a word count for a document that I'm creating in pages. Thanks!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 10:43 AM

7 replies

Jun 20, 2012 6:34 AM in response to Mike@rolling hills estates

I'd like to add another problem to iPad Pages word count.

I rarely need the total word count but frequently I need to select a portion of text to know how much words has that part. For me this is a simple and basic function and I find that Pages for the iPad don´t have it.

I have an document with several chapters that have a limit of words to each one and I don't want to split the document in 6 parts to be able to know how much words has each one.

I found this problem yesterday and I'm a little sad with Pages for the iPad. I think that I will go back to Pages on Mac or more probably MS Office Word.

Dear Apple developers, please fix this problem.

Jun 20, 2012 6:34 AM in response to northwestmac

I'd like to add another problem to iPad Pages word count.

I rarely need the total word count but frequently I need to select a portion of text to know how much words has that part. For me this is a simple and basic function and I find that Pages for the iPad don´t have it.

I have an document with several chapters that have a limit of words to each one and I don't want to split the document in 6 parts to be able to know how much words has each one.

I found this problem yesterday and I'm a little sad with Pages for the iPad. I think that I will go back to Pages on Mac or more probably MS Office Word.

Dear Apple developers, please fix this problem.

Word Count in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.