Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to write with finger?

Last night at an Apple store, I tested out one of the iPad on display. While I was using the YouTube app, I clicked on the search box at the upper right corner. To my surprise, instead of a keyboard a write box popped up at the bottom. So with my index finger I wrote a Chinese character and it successfully recgonized what I was trying to write. It then went on with the search and I found the youtube videos I want. This feature sold me the iPad on the spot.

After I came home I tried to set my iPad up with this feature (the write box) but I cannot find it anywhere in settings. Please help.

PC, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 12:41 PM

11 replies

Nov 26, 2015 1:05 PM in response to kevch27

MY 12 year old son has found a way......

1) download app called stylus

2) in settings>general>keyboard, select stylus and the option that is something like 'allow access to everything'

4) when there is keyboard, select the globe, then stylus

5) then write on the blue dotted line and the handwriting recognition turns it into typed text.

I typed points I-5 but used stylus for this last section. They key is timing and patience-dont try to squash the letters together at the end of the line. Luckily there is a delete or backwards button,

How to write with finger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.