Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail - Exchange 2003 / Tiger / Snow Leopard - Need HELP!

In 2007, using a MacBook Pro, operating under Tiger, I set up Mail to interact with my Exchange 2003 server. I was doing nothing special - just having Mail access the server (which had the wireless access) and pull down the mail for both a company (Exchange) and AOL (IMAP) e-mail account. Also used Mail to send e-mail from both a company and AOL account. It worked flawlessly.

I upgraded to Leopard, then to Snow Leopard. Never a "clean install" just an upgrade. Everything was fine - until today.

A computer freeze caused me to force quit today while receiving a very large e-mail with multiple photos. This has happened 2 or 3 times before without any negative consequences. Upon restart, I was not able to receive e-mail in my company account. I could send e-mail from either AOL or company accounts through the outgoing mail server and could receive AOL e-mail from the IMAP account. But I could not receive company e-mail from the Exchange account.

Unfortunately, Apple Support suggested that I delete the company e-mail account and recreate it. I copied all settings, deleted the account, and tried to recreate with the same settings. The one difference - the old file type was simply "Exchange" where now it was "Exchange IMAP" or "Exchange 2007"

I choose "Exchange IMAP" knowing that I am not on "Exchange 2007" which is the other choice. It simply does not work. I have tried everything I can think of - it "time outs on port 993" each time. I can still send e-mails from the recreated account - Mail just will not receive.

My search of this forum (and the internet) leads me to believe I made a HUGE mistake following the advice to delete the company mail account created under Tiger.

1st question - is there anyway to make Exchange 2003 work with Snow Leopard to simply access e-mails? No need to worry about calendars/addresses. Just e-mail.

2nd question - I have an old eMac down stairs with Tiger on it. If I were to create the "Exchange" account on it, is there a way to move it to my MacBook Pro and add it to my e-mail library folder? My preference would be to name this Tiger replacement e-mail account the same as the Snow Leopard one and drop it into the Library and have it "replace" the one that does not work. What files would I need to move?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tim

Powerbook G4 15" 1 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 5:10 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2010 12:13 AM in response to Tim Milner

I have the same problem (I suspect). My company recently moved the rest of us onto Outlook. We were told the server was Exchange 2007. I discovered otherwise. Its Exchange 2003. I have since been grappling with the configurations. I am setting up with Exchange IMAP.

I can retrieve my emails and open my other folders so the Incoming settings are fine. However, I cannot send any emails out. When I check the log file for Mail Connection Doctor the SMTP looks fine i.e. the message reads, "Connection to server succeeded; login not required."

WROTE Apr 28 12:14:05.994 [kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNone] -- host:email.office.com -- port:25 -- socket:0x116e25770 -- thread:0x10054ef50
EHLO [131.166.222.130]

READ Apr 28 12:14:06.253 [kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNone] -- host:email.office.com -- port:25 -- socket:0x116e25770 -- thread:0x10054ef50
250-email.mach.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 10240000
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

WROTE Apr 28 12:14:06.270 [kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNone] -- host:email.office.com -- port:25 -- socket:0x116e25770 -- thread:0x10054ef50
QUIT

Does anyone at Apple have a clue?

Mail - Exchange 2003 / Tiger / Snow Leopard - Need HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.