Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Citrix-based web portals

I am having trouble accessing Citrix-based web portals for my work-related internet browsing. I get a notice on the Safari stating - your browser is not enabled for Java use - whenever I try to get into the portal. The actual URL works and I can login but nothing happens beyond that.

I have downloaded the Citrix receiver but I still do not know how to best solve the problem. The citrix website does seem to have a web plugin for Mac, but I can not download on the iPad, although I was able to do so on my iMac.

Any thoughts or comments about the matter would be very appreciated.

iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3), iPhone 3G; MacBook Pro; imac

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 8:56 PM

11 replies

Jul 13, 2010 8:02 AM in response to Schadbaer

To all who have posted a question on this particular matter. Citrix Receiver for the Ipad works only on version Xenapp 4.5, 5 or 6. If your companies do not have this version of the product then they must upgrade.

Upgrading is not too dificult until version 6, companies usually pay for a service called Subscription Advantage which entitles them to have the latest versions for the Xenapp Product. However I must state that upgrading may have direct ties to your companies appilcations.

I am the Sales Director at a company who sells and installs Citrix virtualization soutions for Central America and have the same problem that you do. However we're updtating our system due to the release of XenDesktop where I will be able to receive a whole Windows XP, Vista or 7 desktop on my iPad.

Unfortunatelly I haven't received my iPad yet so when I do I will be glad to post my experience with it.

There is also a very important component of the Xenapp equation on sending apps or desktops to the iPad and this is that your companies should use the latest version of the Web Access Interface component. You can know if you have the one that works with the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch if your web interface is a black one with blue stripes across.

Hope this info was usefull. This means obviously that it is not an Apple problem, it's a version problem since many of you may be using Windows 2000 Server instead of Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 (latest version).

Regards.

Jul 21, 2010 5:10 AM in response to Baa'ul

hi all,

Some of the comments posted are about right. You need to have the Citrix receiver for iPad downloaded to your iPad. Your administrator needs to have set up something called a merchanidsing server to communicate with and update the receiver and to allow you access to your production farm (it's not automatically configured and needs a little set up). Once you've done this a few settings on your Workspace to configure the secure access and you're away with all your windows apps of Windows desktop. Your organisation will beed to investigate the brief set up required - just ping a mail to Citrix and they'll outline how the existing farm can be accessed. Using web interface etc like you may on your home PC (Java Client comment) won't work but with the above you can use it as you would any other PC - it's very cool.

this should explain to the admin - http://community.citrix.com/display/xa/CitrixReceiver+foriPad

Cheers

Accessing Citrix-based web portals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.