Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Could Not Connect To The iTunes Store

When attempting to do anything in iTunes which uses the iTunes store I receive the following message: "iTunes Could Not Connect To The iTunes Store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

This problem has only begun to occur since updating iTunes to version 9.1. I a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and iTunes has worked perfectly until this latest update. I checked with my coworkers and they are all having the same problem. Additionally, I performed a clean uninstall and reinstall of iTunes per the Apple support websites instructions for Windows 7. As I browse around this forum there seems to be many recently active threads concerning problems with the iTunes store. All this leads me to believe that the problem is on Apple's end, not mine.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment Notebook, Windows 7, Intel DuoCore 4GB DDR

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 10:21 AM

144 replies

Apr 7, 2010 7:59 PM in response to jeffloven

so is mine. i called apple and they said it was my internet service providers error and when i call they say its working correctly and its an apple problem.....they just send me back and forth. i have used itunes on the same computer over 5 yrs with no problems. i have tried every trouble shooting suggestion and nothing. i last used itunes store on april 3 and all of a sudden i get the message "make sure your network connection is active and try again". has anyone figured out whats going on? help!!!!

Apr 8, 2010 8:22 AM in response to jeffloven

I have had this problem. My thread is here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2388165&tstart=15

None of the fixes proposed on this forum or on the Apple Support page for iStore/iTunes have worked. I have an email in to Apple's tech support so we will see if someone can diagnose and fix the problem. It's incredibly disappointing that, even with so many customers who have the same problem, Apple has not come out and either addressed it here or posted a fix on its Support page.

Apr 8, 2010 1:55 PM in response to jeffloven

For the past week, since updating to iTunes v9.10.79, I experience the same problem in connecting to the iTunes store. I get a message that reads: "One Moment Please. Connecting to the iTunes Store. Loading..."
I have completed every support tip on the Apple support site, and email support replied to check this forum. I've been using iTunes for since January '05, and this is the first time I've had the problem. I conducted a clean removal and reinstall of iTunes and all associated programs, as per the support site. I still cannot connect. This is so frustrating! It appears that this problem is not isolated to me; and yet Apple can offer little help.

Apr 8, 2010 4:28 PM in response to jeffloven

I cannot connect to Itunes store after upgrading to 9.1 either. Message says " Network connections timed out. Make sure your network setting ar correct."

Never had a problem before upgrade; have not changed or upgraded anything else on my computer.I am not having problems with any other programs with access internet sites.

I got the same anwser from tech support - Itunes is OK, the problem is with your computer. But I don't think so, too many others are having the same problem.

iTunes Could Not Connect To The iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.