Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Photobook Pages Using PowerPoint

Greetings. I am working on a Photobook and have found the templates rather limiting. As a result, I have stumbled into using PowerPoint to create pages for the book. Using Powerpoint, I first add a background then drop in pictures in any arrangement desired. When finished, I save as a jpeg file and then drop into the Photobook "Folio" book template.

My questions are: 1) Has anyone tried this before with success? 2) Will the picture quality suffer using this method? 3) Will the pages distort when enlarged from the 8.5" x 11" format in Powerpoint to the 10" x 13" Photobook I wish to order?

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.3), PC (business)

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 12:47 PM

It can be done. What size are the resulting jpgs of each slide? If you do a Print->PDF->Save PDF to iPhoto a 200 dpi jpg of the slide(s) will be created and added to iPhoto. You can edit the *+Save PDF to iPhoto Automator+* workflow to increase the dpi to 300. That workflow is located in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder.

Or you can download it, +*Save PDF to iPhoto 300 DPI.workflow*+, from Toad's Cellar

More info on customizing pages can be found at Old Toad's Tutorial #19 - Creating a Custom Text Page, with the Theme's Background for an iPhoto Book..

User uploaded file
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2010 12:47 PM in response to Rainmaker1

It can be done. What size are the resulting jpgs of each slide? If you do a Print->PDF->Save PDF to iPhoto a 200 dpi jpg of the slide(s) will be created and added to iPhoto. You can edit the *+Save PDF to iPhoto Automator+* workflow to increase the dpi to 300. That workflow is located in the HD/Library/PDF Services folder.

Or you can download it, +*Save PDF to iPhoto 300 DPI.workflow*+, from Toad's Cellar

More info on customizing pages can be found at Old Toad's Tutorial #19 - Creating a Custom Text Page, with the Theme's Background for an iPhoto Book..

User uploaded file

Apr 7, 2010 1:03 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your reply. I am using 600 dpi scans to create pdf's then using the snapshot tool in Adobe Reader to trim to the size image. These I am using to make copies of programs, schoolwork, etc..Then I copy onto PowerPoint. The pictures I am using are all digital at least 3000 dpi. I do not know the resolution of the saved PowerPoint jpeg. Any idea how I can determine?

Thanks very much.

Creating Photobook Pages Using PowerPoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.