Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages for iPad: Where is the text box feature?

Hello,

I am a heavy user of Pages on my desktop and laptop and love this program but my most favorite powerful feature of Pages is its ability to create text boxes that I can drag around and place where I want. I recently bought an iPad and then bought Pages for iPad but I do not seem to be able to find the powerful feature of text boxing. Am I missing something or am I using the Pages for iPad app wrong?

macbook pro, imac 27", iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 30" Apple Cinema, Apple TV, iPhone, and 11TB of external drives

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 1:31 PM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2010 4:47 PM in response to robphoton2

I figured it out. Yes you can have text boxes in iPad Pages!!!!! What you do is paste in one of the many shapes they give you to paste in, and it can be of any color, and then you can type on that shape. The whole thing can be dragged around with the text riding inside of it and the external type flowing around the shape. The only thing you can't do, as far as I can tell, is paste a photo into a text box, which you can do in regular Pages.

Pages for iPad: Where is the text box feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.