Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alphabetize documents in iPad pages not imported in the same session

I had to import over 40 files to iPad pages from Word 2007 on a Windows laptop. It was confusing to have to import one at a time and so I missed two or three. When I went back to add the missing ones they are then added to the end of the group rather than being alphabetized like those imported in a single session an hour earlier.

So what is the moral of the story? Is it possible to mass import files once you pull up the import Window on Pages or can I rearrange the documents once they are on the iPad? I really wanted to list them in the order that they were last modified on my laptop but can't see how to do that either. I would try to get this to work through iWorks or iDisk or even apps like SugarSync but no joy at this point.

A related question as these are lectures that will be used in an intensive course outside the USA so having 40 files it takes a while to move - that is going left or right - to files from A to Z, for example, when trying to find the next lecture. No I cannot simply give them numbers as I revise up until the last minute and edit as the class moves along.

Message was edited by: xenolalia

Latitude, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 4:43 PM

9 replies

alphabetize documents in iPad pages not imported in the same session

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.