Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a "reply to" email address on the iPod Touch?

I have set up my email account, but for some reason I can't use my ISP's outgoing server. I was advised to use my gmail account for outgoing instead. Everything is working fine, except when I send a message to someone and they reply, the replies go to my gmail account instead of to my regular email account. I'm looking for the option that exists in Mac Mail to specify a "reply to" address. Is there a way to set a "reply to" address in the mail program on the iPod Touch? If there's no setting, is there some other work-around so that when people reply to my messages, I'll get them in my main account?

Thanks,
Nicole.

iPod Touch, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 9:45 AM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2010 10:29 AM in response to NicoleYM

Welcome to the forum, NicoleYM. 🙂 I don't think the Touch Mail has as many options as the Mac Mail app. However, you could set a standard signature. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Signature. There you can type a reply address and hope people see it.

Alternatively, you can go to your GMail account in your web browser and click on Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP. There you will have an option to forward all emails (or only some, if you set up a filter) to your other address.

Good luck! 🙂

How do I set a "reply to" email address on the iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.