Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assigning multiple color labels to one image in Aperture?

Is there a way to assign more than one color label to an image? I suppose I could use a third color to signify what "color 1" and "color 2" together mean, but that's a bit confusing...

Thank you,
David

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 1:49 PM

Only one color.
5 replies

Feb 1, 2011 1:49 PM in response to frmrt

Keywords are a much better idea. The "flag" flag is best used for ad-hoc culls, not permanent ones. The built-in Flagged album is great place to corral Versions you want to stamp/export/Albumify/etc. all at once.

I have put in the feature request that multiple color-labels be allowed per version. I have found no sets of attributes for which I can use 8 one-and-only-one labels.

Feb 1, 2011 1:50 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Yeah, I use keywords extensively, and absolutely understand their value, as you highlight, but find that colored labels are more convenient for certain things. For example, I can very quickly mark (with the labels keyboard shortcuts) images without opening the Inspector and typing in keywords, and subsequently find images without creating a smart album, simply through their color "halos". (It's a "dumbed-down" process, to be sure, but it works when you're feeling lazy!)

Thank you for the response, and for submitting the request for multiple color labels.

Best,
David

Assigning multiple color labels to one image in Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.