5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2010 12:43 PM by Rogue Wave
peteratomic Level 1 (0 points)
Have 7.6.6 PRO and am exporting to WMV. But I only get 30 seconds of video? Any ideas?

Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.11)
  • Niel Level 10 (298,586 points)
    Any ideas?

Purchase Flip4Mac. The trial version you have installed will only encode the lower of 30 seconds or half the video. QuickTime can't do anything with WMV content when Flip4Mac isn't installed.

(51176)
  • peteratomic Level 1 (0 points)
    It IS installed and its MOV content that I'm exporting. Are you saying that the PRO version of Flip4Mac is required just to export to WMV? If so I'll just go back the Final Cut source material.
  • Niel Level 10 (298,586 points)
    Are you saying that the PRO version of Flip4Mac is required just to export to WMV?

Yes. The free version is a WMV player and a trial of the product's other capabilities.

(51177)
  • jbradber Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having a problem with this as well. In Quicktime Pro, when I try and export a 4:49 length .mov into a .wmv, it will only give me 4.30. Why would it cut me off? At first I thought maybe the machine hic-upped or something during the conversion but I have attempted it several times and no matter what I do, I can only get 4:30 in length.

I have Quick Time Pro and Flip4Mac WMV Studio Pro HD and have spent hours going through the FAQ’s and discussion forums on both sites and can’t find anything about a time constraint once you have purchased the “paid” versions......HELP
  • Rogue Wave Level 1 (0 points)
    Niel,

Thank you very much. This worked for me and I can now export more than 30 seconds.