Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phenomenal AppleCare Mail-in Repair Support

Tuesday morning I went to start up my MacBook Air and all I got was a flashing question mark. I ran my Disk Utility and it said the drive could not be repaired. I tried using DiskWarrior, but that wouldn't even recognize the drive. The hard drive was hosed. I called Apple and they said they would send me a box to send it in for service.

The next (Wednesday) morning FedEx was at my door at 8:50AM with the box. I loaded the computer up, called FedEx and they picked the unit up about 4:00PM Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday morning I get an email at 7:30AM telling me they received the computer and were working on it. About 4:00PM I get another email stating that the computer was repaired and was being shipped back.

Friday morning at 8:30AM FedEx was at my door with the computer. 3-day turnaround service. Is that great, or what? User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file
Check out the new remodeled MacOSG website! 24-hour Apple-related news & support.
 MacOSG: An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast  Follow us on Twitter: MacOSG

3.33Ghz 21.5" iMac • 500GB HD • 8GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 1.6Ghz MacBook Air • 3 iPods • iPhone • AppleCare

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 9:33 AM

4 replies

Jun 30, 2010 7:46 AM in response to Mac-Medic

I just had to share another exceptional Apple support experience. Recently, my 2008 MacBook Pro (out of warranty) started having trackpad issues. I found out the problem was the battery was swelling in the case putting pressure agains it. I called Apple support and the first guy I talked to said they would replace it under warranty because it was considered a safety issue. He handed me off to another person that wanted to ask me a bunch of questions, like if I got burned, if there was a fire, if there was any smoke, etc. After answering no to all of them, he puts me on hold and comes back to tell me that the battery would not be cover under warranty and that I would have to pay around $125.00 for it! I told him I wasn't going to pay it and asked to be transferred to Apple Customer Relations. A guy from ACR comes on the line and I explained the situation to him. He apologized for the second guy refusing to OK a new battery and said he was going to send one out right away--free of charge. This guy was so nice, he even gave me his direct phone number and told me to call him if I ever have a problem again. I thought that was real personalized service.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, if you ever have a Apple issue you are not happy about, call Apple Customer Relations. In all my experiences with them, they genuinely care about their customers and will do what it takes to make them happy. User uploaded file

Phenomenal AppleCare Mail-in Repair Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.