Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort Final Cut Pro Clips by Original date created

is there any way to sort my clips in FCP by the date they were originally recorded on my video camera? I have about 400 clips from vacation that were taken with a number of different cameras and would like to be able to see them in a list chronologically after importing them. Is this possible?

Mac Pro Quad 2.66, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 7:03 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2010 9:14 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I took a look at he tutorial video on the AD website and im not sure this is what i need. I just simply want to sort all my clips in the list in the bin by create date. This way, all the clips that were created on the same same date/time will end up sequential in the list (from multiple sources). When putting together a vacation video, this makes it much easier to edit a chronological account of the trip. Problem is there doesnt seem to be a column available in FCP that shows original creation date. Is there any way to expose this data and sort by it?

Message was edited by: John Capra

Apr 10, 2010 5:02 PM in response to John Capra

Problem is there doesnt seem to be a column available in FCP that shows original creation date. Is there any way to expose this data and sort by it?

You can place your date info into one of the comment columns. Tedious and it will only sort according to numerical info, not by date, so you must build your date/time info log to accommodate the sort method used in the Browser. Easier to get AD's software. I've heard iMove has some metadata functions not avilalbel in FCP, never used iMovie, so I dunno.

bogiesan

Sort Final Cut Pro Clips by Original date created

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.