Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/Paste "limits"

Is there a size limit to the use of the Copy/Paste function (under 10.6.3) ?
So many megabytes or gigabytes?

Or a limit to the ~number~ of individual files or folders that can be copied at once for that matter, I guess?

I have a large ⚠ number of pictures on a flash drive that I would like to copy and paste to a folder on my HD (where I keep all my pictures).

Wondering if I can do this as one copy\paste or if I am going to need to do them a few at a time.

Thus my question...is there a size limit on the copy/paste function (# of bytes or # of files), and if so what is it?

Thanks,

James

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 5:35 PM

Hi

No, there's no size limit, since when you do copy/paste on files, the files themselves aren't being sent to the clipboard. You're only transferring information about the files. And then when you paste, the files get copied across. Don't forget that cmd-A selects all files in one folder, which might help you. Or you could always drag/drop if that's more convenient.

Matt
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2010 5:35 PM in response to jrdjrd

Hi

No, there's no size limit, since when you do copy/paste on files, the files themselves aren't being sent to the clipboard. You're only transferring information about the files. And then when you paste, the files get copied across. Don't forget that cmd-A selects all files in one folder, which might help you. Or you could always drag/drop if that's more convenient.

Matt

Copy/Paste "limits"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.