Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync some songs, unknown error -208

Hi,

I just synced my iPhone 3GS running OS 3.1.3 for the first time after updating to the latest iTunes on OS X 10.6.3 (I synced many times before without any problems) and checked the "convert [...] to 128kbps AAC" option. Now I receive the above mentioned error for one of my songs and the sync process stops.

The song comes from one of my CDs, the Info panel about it says "Encoded with: iTunes v7.6.1.8, QuickTime 7.4.1".

Any idea what is causing this?

Cheers,
-Maik

MacBook Air (1st gen), MacPro (2009), Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 11, 2010 3:41 AM

5 replies

Apr 13, 2010 12:27 AM in response to gwj312

I see only a few options:
- try to convert the file using some other program than iTunes to get a working version of it then reimport into iTunes
- delete the file from iTunes (but not from your file system), keep the Convert to 128kbps AAC option checked so all the other files are converted and synced, then reimport the file into iTunes and sync without the conversion option checked. Note that I have never tried this so have no idea if iTunes then syncs high bitrate versions of all songs again.
- don't convert your music to 128kbps AAC

Cannot sync some songs, unknown error -208

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.