Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Events Not SAVING!

Hi....

I have over 30,000 photos on my iPhoto library 2009. Around 100Gb in size. The iPhoto library is on an external HD. When I run iPhoto the old events show ok. However, any new pictures dragged into iPhoto and named in an event will not show when I restart iPhoto (HD still connected).

The funny thing is that when I import the same pictures again to iPhoto, it tells me photos already exist, and asks if I want to replace them with the new ones! Although I cannot see the photos and events it refers to as duplicate.

Any ideas!

Macbook Pro 15 (Unibody- late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Apr 11, 2010 9:54 PM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2010 12:09 AM in response to WalidDubai

By this I guess you mean it's formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled). There is no MAC! format.

Option 1
Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.

If that fails:

Option 2
Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

New Events Not SAVING!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.