Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help....OWA with IPhone

Hi...I'm new here, so forgive any ignorance (and where I posted this). I am desperately attempting to bring in outlook emails (and ideally contacts, calendar, etc) into my iphone/ipad via OWA. I have read many, many posts where people say it's completely doable and many others where they say no way (actually went to a genius bar and they said they really weren't sure...some genius. Two important side notes: 1) my company has IMAP and the like locked down (ie, they "do not support" iphone, and 2) I do pull in my email via OWA into a personal blackberry, so I know it's not failing because of company set up...
Any help, settings, apps (that actually work) would be appreciated...
Thanks

IPhone, iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 7:57 AM

7 replies

Apr 12, 2010 8:41 AM in response to dlevi

Blackberry and iPhone work totally different.
Your company has setup the mail servers to work with blackberry that is why it worked. It uses their software to send the info to blackberry servers then to you.
The iPhone requires Microsoft's ActiveSync to be setup for your Exchange servers. Since you said your company doesn't support the iPhone, it means they opted not to do just that. So sorry, not much you can do.

Apr 12, 2010 11:15 AM in response to dlevi

Not strictly true, although I see your logic.
In my company's case, they do not support iPhone or WinMo but do support Blackberries.
However, we can also access e-mails etc. through a Web browser such as IE or Firefox.

They do have Activesync enabled so the iPhone works fine.

I would have a chat with your IT Dept if you can't make it work just by entering the settings.

Apr 13, 2010 4:40 AM in response to Dave Hutch

Thanks...
After trying, re-trying, and trying again with every combo of settings I finally got it working! Two tricks (which were subtly referenced in other threads, but I'll make explicit): 1) Use the domain (even though it says optional) and 2) in the server field, do not use the https or /exchange....just owa.comapanyname.com

Help....OWA with IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.