Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swap Screens

there are a few simple things I would LOVE to see in iChat screen sharing.

I haven't been able to find if there is a Hot Key option to Swap between screens, when I'm viewing someone else's screen. is this possible? I would rather have a way to hide the little window thing you can move around corner to corner (or make it smaller!) and just hit a Hot Key combo to do the same thing.

Also it would be Great if we could also choose t only see 1 monitor from the other side if they have more than 1. (and maybe choose to swap what monitor we are viewing also)

thanks.

MacPro1,1 - dual 2.66, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Dual monitors on a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, 9GB RAM

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 2:54 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2010 12:34 PM in response to Steven Dodds

Hi,

It cannot be resized or put in the Dock like another window.
It cannot be swapped via any Hot key.

Even the option in the Video Menu to Hide Local Video does not work on this window even though iChat treats the thing as a Desktop Virtual camera.

On the Buddy having two Screens and being twice as wide (Or twice as deep) there is no option there either.

Time For http://www.apple.com/feedback/ichat.html
I have notified the Hosts that the selections for OS and iChat Version are behind the times (I started in Sept 09 with that thread) so add those details if required to the free text (Wish List) area.

User uploaded file

8:34 PM Tuesday; April 13, 2010

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

Swap Screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.