Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem With Attaching Photos to Mail

I want to e-mail some photos, each of which is about 1.2Mb. I'm aware some mail programs have limits to attachment sizes, so I'm trying to sending one photo per e-mail.

If I use the Photo Browser, I can't upload a photo in the original size, closest I get is Large, which is about 1/2 the file size.

If I use iPhoto and export the photo in its original size, it appears in the finder with the correct file size, 1.2Mb. But when I try to attach it to the e-mail, it downsizes the photo to roughly 500Kb.

So how can I attach my photos in their original size?

iMac 2.6GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 12, 2010 5:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 14, 2010 5:05 PM in response to stedman1

Yeah; I tried that. But when I choose Actual Size, it's the same as Large, which is about 1/3 Actual Size.

So, I checked my iPhoto Missing Manual, which didn't have the direct answer. But, while looking through it, the manual mentioned control clicking on a photo to bring up a menu which would display the photo size.

I did that and found no option that would help me. But AFTER I did that, I returned to Mail, attached the photo using Photo Browser and selected Actual Size, and IT WORKED! It makes no sense, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Problem With Attaching Photos to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.