Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Flip video camera to the iPad?

Hi. I have one of those FLip Ultra HD video recorders. You know, with the "flip" out USB arm to transfer video to your computer.

Well, the iPad camera kit comes with those two adapters (the SD card reader and the USB connector). Since the Flip doesn't use SD cards, I'd use the USB connector with the Flip.

My question is, will the flip's USB arm connect directly to the ipad adapter? And would I be able to transfer the 720p HD video clips the flip records to the ipad?

Thanks. I cant seem to read any info on this.

Posted on Apr 13, 2010 5:19 PM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2010 5:37 PM in response to iregan

My question is, will the flip's USB arm connect directly to the ipad adapter?

Probably, if it's a standard USB connector.

And would I be able to transfer the 720p HD video clips the flip records to the ipad?

Doubtful. Believe the data is stored for the use of the Photo app would not be available to the Video app even if recognized and allowed to be imported. Then there is the question of whether or not the 720p H.264/AAC file is using the Main Profile and meets Level 3.1 limitations.

User uploaded file

Jun 21, 2010 3:02 PM in response to iregan

I was able to play videos from my Flip Mino HD without any conversion on my iPad by sending them to the iPad via GoodReader or Dropbox. The videos played in those two applications just fine.

So why can't I play them in Apple's "Videos" application?

Ultimately I'd like to send them to ReelDirector for editing on the iPad, but that won't work either.

So my question is - if GoodReader and Dropbox can play them, why can't Videos or ReelDirector?

See my blog post for a little more info:
http://www.midwood.net/blog/?p=1299

Connecting Flip video camera to the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.