Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

"Airport" in our Mini only receives?

3428 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2010 3:51 AM by Boece RSS
dbrandt6 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 15, 2010 2:49 AM
Or does it transmit as well? ie... to our iPhone or iPad? My Mini is connected via ethernet from my local phone company.

Thank you...

Message was edited by: dbrandt6
2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Mini, iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Boece Level 5 Level 5 (6,245 points)
    Apr 15, 2010 7:02 AM (in response to dbrandt6)
    If you go to the Sharing control panel in System Preferences (under the Apple Menu) and check Internet Sharing, it should allow the Mini to act as a Wifi router for most devices that can use Wifi.
    SnoLeo 10.6.3: Mini C2D 1.83 1G; Mac Mini Server; iBook G4 800, 640M, 10.3.9, Dell 1704-FPV, NeoOffice, Firefox3.6, Thunderbird, VMWare, SwiftPublisher
  • R100GS Calculating status...
    May 13, 2010 6:00 PM (in response to Boece)
    It seems that internet sharing only allows the airport in a Mac to have WEP security. Is there a way to use WPA security when a Mac mini is the de facto router?
    Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz 20", Mac OS X (10.4.6)
  • Boece Level 5 Level 5 (6,245 points)
    May 14, 2010 3:51 AM (in response to R100GS)
    +It seems that internet sharing only allows the airport in a Mac to have WEP security. Is there a way to use WPA security when a Mac mini is the de facto router?+

In System Preferences > Network > Airport > Advanced > Airport tab, if you double-click on the name of the network, it will let you set the security type. (At least it does in Snow Leopard.)
    SnoLeo 10.6.3: Mini C2D 1.83 1G; Mac Mini Server; iBook G4 800, 640M, 10.3.9, Dell 1704-FPV, NeoOffice, Firefox3.6, Thunderbird, VMWare, SwiftPublisher

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.