Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not working

HI,

I'm from England but am visiting the USA for the holiday and I purchased the iPad earlier today but when I tried to get on the app store to download iBooks and iWork it say that the app store isn't supported in this country. Please could someone help me out here?

Thanks
Leon J. Fletcher

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2), MacBook brought from UK iPad bought from USA

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 8:25 PM

Since the iPad is not yet for sale in the UK the app store from the iPad is not currently available. You will have to wait until the iPad is available in the UK.

From what I have heard, the iBookstore is not going to be available in countries other than the USA for a while. It's going to take some time to set up with the different rights holders in each country.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2010 8:25 PM in response to triforceguy1

Since the iPad is not yet for sale in the UK the app store from the iPad is not currently available. You will have to wait until the iPad is available in the UK.

From what I have heard, the iBookstore is not going to be available in countries other than the USA for a while. It's going to take some time to set up with the different rights holders in each country.

Apr 16, 2010 1:22 AM in response to PIRKL123

It is not fishy, it is just the way Apple have set up the store.

You already have iTunes with a working App store in your country, therefore if iPad apps are released they will be in the Apps store. Notice Apple iPad App do NOT appear in the iTunes App Store yet.

The iPad is not on sale yet in your country, so Apple do not need to enable the App Store on iPads yet in your country, simple.

App Store not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.