Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled accounts

Hello all,

I have two email account which I don't want to receive emails for anymore but I want to be able to see the send and receive items. I have already stopped Mail from automatically checking new email which is fine.

However, when I observe Mail I see warning triangles against the dormant email accounts and it appears that Mail still tries to retrieve emails from these accounts. I notice the rotating circle when I click the "Get Mail" button.

Is there another setting I need to set to ignore these accounts. I don't want to archive them as I need to access them quickly.

Any options?

Carl

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 10:32 PM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2010 9:49 AM in response to the_lemminguk

you could create mailboxes on the local mac that would show up under the "ON MY MAC" section. only problem with this is the mail would only be accessible on that mac under that user (you should hold the option key if you are going to do this as this will create a copy of the messages, not move them). if you copy them, they will still be on the servers. after you copy all the messages and create a suitable hierarchy, you can suppress the accounts.

hope that helps.

Disabled accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.