Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way that I can sort images by resolution?

Hello 🙂
Have you guys found out any way or apps can sort images by resolution?
I've tried Path Finder and Forklift, neither of them can do it 😟.
For now, I'm doing this with winxp on a PD5...

iMac 24 late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 11:10 PM

7 replies

Apr 16, 2010 9:45 AM in response to Noctis

apple's aperture can sort by pixel sizes. pixel sizes are in the form ###x###, and it sorts according to the first number. i don't know if aperture is best for what you are trying to do, but it can sort by size. there's also a trial version of aperture that you can download and use for 30 days.

more information about aperture: http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Apr 17, 2010 6:20 AM in response to Noctis

since a higher resolution will also result in a larger file size, couldn't you just sort all the files by size?

The only other thing I know of is in Graphic Converter ---> print catalog. This gives you the option of printing by resolution.

But who knows - in the dark labyrinth of many passages that is Graphic Converter Preferences, there might be something else.

Apr 17, 2010 7:11 AM in response to Noctis

You can do this in Finder. If you cntrl+click on the saved search query folder for images you can add resolution (width and/or height). All Images> Show Search Criteria>click on the "+" sign click on the drop down list on the far left select other if you check the box to the right (In Menu) that criteria will show up in the list. I use 4 resolution criteria to eliminate small files when do a "random" search (greater than but less than). You can also save a new "smart folder" with the criteria.

Is there any way that I can sort images by resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.