Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Folder on a Server - Cannot Change Permissions

Hi Guys

I have seen many responses to similar posts, mine is slightly different.

Folder on a server has the Red Circle with the No Access Line through it. I cannot change the permission to Read and Write, cannot add another user or group. Cannot access the folder in any way to move, rename or delete.

Get info allows me to change permissions to read and write but then reverts straight back to no access.

I am familiar with File permissions on Macs so I have tries all obvious routes, folder is not locked in any way other than by it's permissions. If you try to do anything with the folder it says The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items, I then get promted for the username and password. (I have tries using the username and password of both the server and the Mac that originally copied the file - NOTHING!

Anyone found a solution to this? Is there a way to override a folders permissions once they are set?

Cheers in Advance MadDog22

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 10:55 AM

1 reply

Locked Folder on a Server - Cannot Change Permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.