Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Image opening 2 files

Before burning my slideshow onto a DVD, I thought I would burn a disk image first to check it. Glad I did because when I click on the image, all I see is two files: Audio_TS and Video_TS. What have I done wrong? Please elaborate fully as I am still new to this.
Thank you!

Mac mini 1.42, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 8:19 PM

Hi jap0nica

Welcome to apple discussions. Let me guess. You have an an Audio_TS with no files therein and also a Video _TS with all the source files to burn your dvd .... correct?

If so, you haven't done anything wrong. This is exactly what is supposed to happen. Just double click on the image file and you're good to go.

However prior to burning, I do recommend you first test this Video_TS file by selecting it after launching apple's dvd player app (should it not launch on its own) ... just to make sure all plays exactly as expected. Assuming it's fine, then proceed to burn the image to Verbatim or Maxell dvd-r at 4x or lower. And it should play fine in your mac as well as most set top dvd players and TV's.

I use Roxio Toast for the actual burn because it allows me to lower the burn speed (with many more burn speed selections / choices as well as having many other tools at your disposal). And frankly I think it does a much better job than apple's disc utility app. But either one can be used. It's up to you.

Hope this solves the issue but if not just come on back. Good luck and feel free to ask any further questions.

User uploaded file

-------------

Disclaimer: Apple does not necessarily endorse any suggestions, solutions, or third-party software / products that may be mentioned in this topic. Apple encourages you to first seek a solution at Apple Support. The following links are provided as is, with no guarantee of the effectiveness or reliability of the information. Apple does not guarantee that these links will be maintained or functional at any given time. Use the information above at your own discretion.

Message was edited by: SDMacuser
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2010 8:19 PM in response to jap0nica

Hi jap0nica

Welcome to apple discussions. Let me guess. You have an an Audio_TS with no files therein and also a Video _TS with all the source files to burn your dvd .... correct?

If so, you haven't done anything wrong. This is exactly what is supposed to happen. Just double click on the image file and you're good to go.

However prior to burning, I do recommend you first test this Video_TS file by selecting it after launching apple's dvd player app (should it not launch on its own) ... just to make sure all plays exactly as expected. Assuming it's fine, then proceed to burn the image to Verbatim or Maxell dvd-r at 4x or lower. And it should play fine in your mac as well as most set top dvd players and TV's.

I use Roxio Toast for the actual burn because it allows me to lower the burn speed (with many more burn speed selections / choices as well as having many other tools at your disposal). And frankly I think it does a much better job than apple's disc utility app. But either one can be used. It's up to you.

Hope this solves the issue but if not just come on back. Good luck and feel free to ask any further questions.

User uploaded file

-------------

Disclaimer: Apple does not necessarily endorse any suggestions, solutions, or third-party software / products that may be mentioned in this topic. Apple encourages you to first seek a solution at Apple Support. The following links are provided as is, with no guarantee of the effectiveness or reliability of the information. Apple does not guarantee that these links will be maintained or functional at any given time. Use the information above at your own discretion.

Message was edited by: SDMacuser

Disk Image opening 2 files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.