Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie freeze with a big project

Good day,
Designing a souvenir project, containing both video clips and pictures, its length now reached more than an hour.
Now, whatever action I do with this project (adding photos or video clip, separate audio from a video clip, scrolling the project with the mouse, ...), iMovie freezes, with the running cursor (CDROM icon) and I have to force iMovie to quit.
What I have to add is that I moved my iMac temporary to a hotel room, only for the day ; it means that, except one of the 2 external drives is connected and that other USB peripherals are not.

Thanks for helping.

Claudio

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.2), 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo 4 Gb 667 SDRAM 1 Tb HD

Posted on Apr 17, 2010 2:02 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2010 11:18 PM in response to Jamtse

Good day,
No, I have not got any help yet.

Now that my computer has gone back home, I can say that the issue is still present.
One thing I noticed that could be the cause of this issue is that the iMovie project file size is 2.14 Gb.
As an IT, I know that sometimes a Unix parameter called Ulimit can be set at 2 Gb ; this could be the issue.

Waiting for any additional help, maybe I would try to modify this value, should I find out how, with Mac OS.

Meanwhile, I did a copy of the file and I will try to delete the original file (also backed up with Time Machine) and work with the copy, to check whether the issue is still here or not.

iMovie freeze with a big project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.