Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What would cause image in canvas to be enlarged?

Cutting different scenes. For some reason a few sequences have images that now exceed the borders of the canvass. It's as if the format was changed to HD or something. How do i get it back to the way it was. FYI i am cutting a project in SD. Many sequences are fine but just a few are enlarged. in spite of the vid tracks being locked.

Many, Mac OS X (10.6.2), FCE user

Posted on Apr 17, 2010 7:49 PM

11 replies

Apr 17, 2010 11:04 PM in response to JimmyZCCK

Things to check:

Make the Canvas active and select View>Zoom>Fit to Window, also check the Correct for Aspect Ratio box.

Are all the clips used in the Sequences the same?
If not right click on them in the Browser and select Item Properties.

Are the Sequences the same?
Right click a Sequence icon in the Browser and select Item Properties.

Al

Apr 18, 2010 8:16 AM in response to Alchroma

I see frame size is different on one of the 'wrong' sequences. Eventually, i wan to place all sequences into one. Will i have a problem doing this if they are not the same frame size? I am guessing so. Question, can i change the frame size of a sequence (if so, how)? or do i have rebuild (oh no) the entire sequence at a different frame size to match the others.

BTW, another 'enlarged' sequence did have the same (correct) frame size. Don't know what happened there but i reduced the size of the image to fit using the wire form. thanks for your help. I a real novice on this software.

Apr 18, 2010 8:22 AM in response to JimmyZCCK

"Will i have a problem doing this if they are not the same frame size?"

A little, but it can be done.

"Question, can i change the frame size of a sequence (if so, how)?"

Yes, you can, and you should not have to rebuilt.

To give you answers though we really have to know what the item properties of the clips are and what the item properties of the sequences are. Please give us exact information so we can help you with how best to proceed.

Apr 18, 2010 8:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom. And BTW, i have your wonderful book sitting just next to me now!

OK, my main sequences have properties of: 720 x 480 / DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Some footage was shot in HD and dropped into other sequences which may account for the problems. That is:

HD (1440 x 1080) / Apple Intermediate Codec

Both sequences need to be grouped into the same piece and output on a DVD next week. (video montage for my Daughter). I

What would cause image in canvas to be enlarged?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.