Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote support options for iPad?

We're looking at the iPad as a possible solution for a specific business case. However, I'll need some way to provide remote support to the iPad users. I've looked for VNC type apps but everything I've found just enables the iPad to be a client that connects to and remotely controls another system.

Is there a VNC server-like app for iPad that would let me provide remote support TO the device?

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 7:51 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2010 9:04 PM in response to TStrick320

Since the OS on the iPad does not allow multitasking there is only one app running at a time. This would not allow a VNC server app to run.

Even with the preview of multitasking in iPhone OS 4 a VNC server would require access out of its sandboxed environment which it would not be allowed to have.

Another issue is that it is a multi-touch device that does not use a mouse cursor. I am not sure VNC can handle this.

Essentially what you are asking would be similar to someone controlling an iPhone remotely, since the iPad is much closer to an iPhone than it is to a computer.

A workaround may be to use video conferencing on a computer so that you can see the screen of the iPad, guiding the user through the steps required.

Remote support options for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.