Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show remote images in Mail.app

I have remote images in HTML e-mails turned off in Mail.app, because most HTML e-mails I get with remote images are spam. But I get some legit e-mails with remote images, always from the same sender. There's no option in Mail.app's Rules to automatically show remote images if the message comes from a specific sender, but I do see an option to run an applescript.

So is there a script for Mail.app that will turn on remote image display for a message?

eMac (PowerPC G4, 1.25GHz, 1.5GB RAM, USB 2.0), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 19, 2010 8:06 PM

4 replies

Apr 19, 2010 11:23 PM in response to Pierre L.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work! It changed the setting to display remote images in all html messages.

When html remote image display is off, html messages with remote images display with an override button, that will load the images when pressed. I'm looking for a script to press *that button* for just messages from a certain recipient; not change the actual preference for all messages.

Apr 20, 2010 6:36 AM in response to Király

Sorry. I misunderstood your question. Here's a script that should do what you are asking for:

--BEGINNING OF SCRIPT
using terms from application "Mail"
on perform mail action with messages theMessages for rule theRule
tell application "Mail"
activate
repeat with eachMessage in theMessages
open eachMessage
tell application "System Events" to tell process "Mail"
if button "Load Images" of front window exists then
click button "Load Images" of front window
end if
end tell
end repeat
end tell
end perform mail action with messages
end using terms from
--END OF SCRIPT

Please let me know if anything doesn't work as expected.

Show remote images in Mail.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.