Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a new iphone: iphone 3GS or new iphone?

Hi everyone,
I am going to get a new iphone soon, and i was wondering what i should get. 3G or 3GS or the new iphone that is coming out? what is the difference, etc? thank you

Posted on Apr 20, 2010 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2010 7:12 AM

A new iPhone has not been announced so there is no way to know what the differences are. If I were in the market for a new iPhone, I would wait a few months and see what happens.
17 replies

Apr 20, 2010 7:19 AM in response to R. Ansari

No, Apple has made no announcements and shown no pictures of any new iPhone model. Any pictures you may have seen are rumor only and unconfirmed. When any new model of iPhone may come out and what features it may have are unknown, and we are not allowed to guess and speculate in these forums. We will have to wait until such time as Apple makes an official announcement about a new iPhone model, whenever that might occur.

Regards.

Apr 20, 2010 8:15 AM in response to R. Ansari

R. Ansari wrote:
but i saw the pictures... it had apple logo on it, right ?
and so what does this mean for me? should i wait until the summer? or get 3gs or 3g? thank you folks, you are kind

Do you have a link? Like people already said, Applie did not announced if they are releasing a new iphone yet. The major differences between a 3G and 3GS is that the 3GS has a compass, is faster, has a video camera, and has voice control. I have a 3G and the only thing I like about the 3GS is the video camera which I could live without. That is why I am still sticking with the 3G. I am hoping to see IF Apple will release a new iphone this summer and see what new features they may integrate.

Apr 20, 2010 8:15 AM in response to R. Ansari

Between the 3GS and 3G, the 3GS has a much faster processor, double the RAM, a better camera that supports capturing video at up to 30 frames per second, and an improved graphics card over the 3G.

Between the 3GS and the 3G, it is a no brainer IMO - the 3GS which will also support mult-tasking in regards to 3rd party apps with firmware update 4.0 to be released this summer. The 3G won't.

In the past, Apple has announced a new iPhone model and the release date at their World Wide Developers Conference which is scheduled in June.

May 1, 2010 8:00 AM in response to ErnieD1

I wouldn't count on an iPhone with Verizon. I doubt Apple is interested in manufacturing and supporting a CDMA iPhone for one carrier. Even when Verizon finishes their switch to an LTE (4G) network with AT&T in the process of doing the same which is a year or two off at least, an LTE iPhone will have to be backwards compatible with Verizon's CDMA network since both network will be running side by side. This will be easier with existing GSM networks throughout the world that upgrade to an LTE network since the iPhone is a GSM phone.

Getting a new iphone: iphone 3GS or new iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.