Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

serious iDVD issues... can anyone help quickly?

OK, guys, I am stumped. I am an expert computer user (esp. macs). I imported a bunch of clips from my video camera into iMovie. I exported them into Media Browser and even published to Mobile Me. However, iDVD is crashing left and right and all the themes say "ME BROKEN" in the window!? I am using iLIFE 09 and have had it installed for a long time. I am running on 3-yr old white macbook with 4GB RAM, so speed it not an issue. I thought of reinstalling iDVD, but at this point, I just need to get this video to someone, and need the fastest solution possible. Thoughts? (I gave people the link to Mobile Me, but many are all complaining that the video won't load or they cannot see it.

I thought of also transferring things over to my old G4, but it will be far too slow to handle this project, and don't want to revert to an older version of iLife.

MacBook 10.6.3 2GHZ intel core 2 duo 4GB ram; also running 10.6 SL on external, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Also have G4 powermac desktop machine running Leopard

Posted on Apr 20, 2010 8:27 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2010 9:22 PM in response to Kathleen Theisen

Chapter markers are best created in iMovie (or Final Cut Express/Pro). In iMovie, that feature is considered an advanced tool which must be turned on in the preferences menu. If you create chapter markers in iMovie, your project will have to be re-rendered/encoded in order for iDVD to recognize them.
Using iDVD to create chapter markers only creates markers in specific timed intervals, which may not be what you're looking for.

From the iDVD Help section:
1) Open a project and select the movie you want to add chapter markers to by clicking the button that links to it once.
2) Choose Advanced > “Create Chapter Markers for Movie.”
3) Click the up and down arrows in the dialog that appears to specify the frequency of chapter markers, in minutes, in the movie. You can also type a number in the text field.
5) Click OK

Hope this helps!

serious iDVD issues... can anyone help quickly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.