Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Just TURNED OFF! won't turn on! Broken!

I was just reading a webpage on my iPad and the screen went black and then the Apple logo came up and then the spinning loading wheel and it just went black...

Nothing after that.

The screen is blank/black/off - can't tell which. Resetting does nothing. Plugging it into the charge does nothing. Plugging it into iTunes does nothing.

I am not in the US so I am pretty annoyed. I have never had an Apple product die on me! I didn't drop it or get it wet or do anything to it... it has been in its case the entire time!

I suppose my only solution is to sit here and wait till its out in the UK so I can get it replaced.

If anyone has any solutions or even better someone from Apple can fix it for me... that would be amazing! Thanks.

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 7:20 AM

50 replies

Apr 21, 2010 7:50 AM in response to Spinstorm

mmmm very wierd.

The iPad Was fully charged when it died on me but I decided to try plugging it back into the mains... (and for the record I had plugged it into the mains when it first switched off for a few mins) and it has magically come back to life...

I don't know whether to be elated or annoyed at the fact I have no idea what is going on!

Anyone?

Apr 21, 2010 9:47 AM in response to Spinstorm

Spinstorm wrote:
Turns out when I try to hold power and home to reset it blacks out again... plug back into mains and it works... wierd wierd wierd

Are you releasing either or both buttons before the Apple logo appears? If so that may be your problem. Hold down BOTH buttons until AFTER the logo appears, then release them.

Apr 22, 2010 4:58 AM in response to Spinstorm

My iPhone did the exact same thing a couple months ago. I was using it, then for some unknown reason, it just shut off. I assumed the battery died and I never noticed, but after plugging it in for about 2 hours it still wouldn't turn on. I tried everything and eventually went down to the Apple store for a replacement. The guy tried to retrieve my information for a good 45 minutes, but couldn't get anything off the device. I learned my lesson about syncing more often that day.

Apr 22, 2010 7:27 AM in response to Spinstorm

Spinstorm wrote:

I can't return it to Apple though as I am in England and it isn't out here until the END of May... so basically I hope it doesn't die before then and not come back to life!

Uh-oh, not good.

1. You have 14 days to return it for a refund minus a re-stocking fee.
2. You have 90 days phone support and 365 days warranty for service.
3. The above only apply in the country you purchased the item, IIRC.

So, you will have to either travel to these United States or ship the iPad to a friend here for warranty service.

Apr 22, 2010 6:31 PM in response to romad

I wish there was a definative answer to the can I get the iPad services under warranty in the UK even though it was bought in the US.

The iPad warranty says that Apple "MAY" limit it to the country it was purchased in... but so do the warranties for all the other Apple products OTHER than the iPhone.

Those products though do get serviced internationally as many people have attested on various forums.

So we will see I guess! At least I do have family to get it returned to if worse comes to worse!

May 20, 2010 9:10 PM in response to Spinstorm

I had the exact same problem with mine, well actually it was my fiancees im still waiting for mine to arrive. I tried to turn it on and nothing happened didnt work in mains, itunes nothing but i held down the power and home and it worked definutly weird!

Were going to take it back to the apple store in california and probably get it replaced, its too bad you have to wait man, im english myself so im hoping they wont give you a hard time about it at the store.

Good luck!

May 21, 2010 11:43 AM in response to Spinstorm

Spinstorm wrote:
I wish there was a definative answer to the can I get the iPad services under warranty in the UK even though it was bought in the US.

The iPad warranty says that Apple "MAY" limit it to the country it was purchased in... but so do the warranties for all the other Apple products OTHER than the iPhone.

Those products though do get serviced internationally as many people have attested on various forums.

So we will see I guess! At least I do have family to get it returned to if worse comes to worse!

Well, they may, but they haven't. When they change the language, then you're in trouble. I You'll probably be able to get it serviced once it launches in the UK.

iPad Just TURNED OFF! won't turn on! Broken!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.