Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes transfer pc issue

I recently bought a new pc. In prep for this, I found an Apple support article that explained how to do this. Basically, you consolidated the library to a drive. I followed the instruction, moved my library to a new folder on a SATA drive that I moved into the machine, installed iTunes, held shift down and then..... Nothing. In my old drive, I had the iTunes folder I created, but at no point is there an .itl folder in it. I wanted to get the article I had, but it was bookmarked on my old machine. I tried to sync my iPhone, but once I did, I got the old 'this belongs to another machine.' I added all of my media, that fine, but now I am in jeopardy of losing years of data on my iPhone- playlists, high scores, info from aps, etc. Not to mention my music library is much bigger than what my phone supports so I will be stuck hand picking from over 30,000 songs to add to it. At this point, am I just out of luck? Anything I can do to save my data and allow my phone to sync with my new machine?

I am also aware of this question being asked a ton of ways- I did search for something like mine- if I over looked it, I am sorry.

Thanks for any and all help!

ColecoVision, Other OS, in tandem with a CoCo 64

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 9:18 AM

2 replies

iTunes transfer pc issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.