Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eBooks format .pdb to iPad

Is there any way to copy eBooks that I own onto iPad? I tried copying the .pdb files to iTunes but unsuccessfully. Those files are on iMac, and I use eReader to read them. Love to put them on my iPad. Can someone help?

iMac O2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2010 12:49 PM

7 replies

Jun 6, 2010 2:55 PM in response to YSNY

I contacted eReader to find out when they would update their app to support the iPad (without the pixelation issue making the iPhone version unusable on the iPad) – their answer – they have no plans to publish an iPad version.

So I did my research on converting my PDB DRM enabled eBooks to ePUB format and started to go through the hoops. Nothing simple since they were DRM enabled.

In the end – Stanza now has an iPad version of their software that will allow me download my previously purchased titles directly from Fictionwise and enter my unlock code during the download.

Stanza on the iPad is gorgeous. Don’t bother with all the conversion effort – just get Stanza.

Jun 7, 2010 10:19 PM in response to BoldJava

Hey there,

I found http://calibre-ebook.com/download to be very useful. It will convert most text files (including RTF, TXT, PDF and PDB) to ePUB. Thanks to this, I have almost all of my favourite books on the iPad as well as all my lecture notes - Which makes them a big more engaging when they're on the iPad 😀

Simply download the program, convert the files in question and import into iTunes and sync!

Hope this helps
G3R3N

eBooks format .pdb to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.