Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirStash to the (external memory) Rescue?

According to the AirStash website, their wireless flash memory/card reader/media server will work with the iPad (as well as the iPhone, iPod, etc.). Is anyone familiar with this product? Does it work as advertised?

AirStash: http://www.airstash.com/
Video Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVFSopptns

I'd be very curious to find out if it will work with an iPad for all of the reasons you can imagine.

24" Aluminum iMac 3.06GHz, MacBook 13" and Two Mac Minis. All w/4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 3:44 PM

They say it's supported so I'm sure it would work. You won't be running apps from it, but for storing others media I don't see how it won't work. It's a wireless device accessed through the browser. I might even pick one up.
9 replies

May 14, 2010 1:19 PM in response to richsadams

I received my AirStash yesterday so obviously I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet but so far it works as advertised. I plugged it into my netbook to charge it. I dropped some audio books, some PDFs, some Word docs and an MP4 video on it. I unplugged it and then connected to it from my iPad via WiFi and browsed to "airstash.net" in Safari and bam, there's the file menu with my files. I was able to watch the video no problem (other than it took about 20 seconds before it started). I was able to open the PDFs and Word docs just fine and Safari gives you the option to open Word docs in Pages (or other apps you have installed that support that format). The audio books (in MP3 format) played just fine. I should note that of course everything plays in Safari but that is to be expected. I have not tried any other file formats at this time. As for the web-based menuing, it's basic, even crude but it works. It's definitely more geared towards the small iPhone screen rather than the large iPad screen. Hopefully future firmware updates will give more options. One small issue is that if you have long file names they just get cut off in the menu. I did notice that browsing via landscape mode does expand the buttons just a bit so you see a bit extra file name length. I have not measured performance or range or anything like that yet.

And just for reference, I'm using a brand new Kingston 32GB SD card.

AirStash to the (external memory) Rescue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.