Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't both sync music manually and sync books?

In iTunes I can tick manually sync music but cannot simultaneously tick Sync Books. When I do I Get a warning message that says movies and music will be removed.

I don't understand how they are related. Why does syncing books disable the ability to manually manage music? Because of this I cannot both sync books and leave just a few albums (and not all of an artists albums) on my ipad.

This seems limiting or I'm just not understanding some aspect of this whole syncing thing.

Thanks for any insight. I'm confused.

Too many to list, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 7:54 PM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2010 8:00 AM in response to W. Raider

This is happening with movies and music as well. Seems to be a new bug introduced in the last upgrade. I want to add a movie to my iPad, but the I can't select in iTunes. When I check the box to sync, then I'm prompted with the error you received. Dumb, Apple has been rushing a few things lately. Also, the "Manually Manage Music and Video" is not staying selected.

Jun 27, 2010 7:10 AM in response to ZaZo

Has there been anything new on this issue???? I just got an ipad...and I wanted to sync some ibooks to my mac....but when I chose "Sync ibooks" it told me it would wipe out all my music, tv shows and videos. I don't want this to happen because I purposely manually sync my songs because I don't want all the songs syncing each time etc.... Why would they do this??? This is ridiculous. So I can't add a movie or show without this happening?? My songs will get wiped out???

Please help!!! This is NOT user friendly AT ALL.

thanks-
chris

Jul 7, 2010 4:45 AM in response to W. Raider

I have the same problem with my iPad fw 3.2 and iPhone 3GS fw 4.0. I'm very frustrated with the recent bugs in the new products of Apple. I don't know if they are trying to follow the steps on Microsoft, but they need ton take more care with the release of products. I hope this will be solved soon as well as the problems of wifi connectivity in the iPad

Can't both sync music manually and sync books?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.