Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Connection Kit: Delete imported Photos

After importing photos with the connection kit, can you then delete selected photos from the iPad without connecting to a computer? I'd like to use the iPad for photo storage when traveling (without a computer) and use the iPad for initial review and then delete obvious rejects to save space.

The iPad documentation seems to imply that you can only delete photos from the camera, not the iPad (unless you sync with the computer).

Thanks!

Dave

2009 MP 2.66 GHz 8 Core, 16 GB RAM, Radeon 4870, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 17" MacBook Pro i5 2010

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2010 10:07 AM

I was able to delete photos that I imported from my camera. Also I transferred these images into Aperture to confirm that they were raw, and they were. So my plans are to use my iPad to store photos on a trip and then download to Aperture when I get home.
The only downside that I saw was that the transfer from the camera card to iPad was very slow.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2010 10:07 AM in response to David Strait

I was able to delete photos that I imported from my camera. Also I transferred these images into Aperture to confirm that they were raw, and they were. So my plans are to use my iPad to store photos on a trip and then download to Aperture when I get home.
The only downside that I saw was that the transfer from the camera card to iPad was very slow.

Apr 23, 2010 10:20 AM in response to otisthecat

Thanks! Glad to hear it is possible to delete the photos on the fly, but too bad about the transfer speed. I also plan to use raw format and I wonder if it is practical to use the iPad to transfer hundreds of raw photos at a time if it is too slow. I heard the iPod camera connector had the same problem. Do you have an estimate how long it takes to transfer multiple ~10 mg raw files?

Also, do you happen to know if the kit works with Flip video cameras?

Dave

Oct 13, 2010 5:47 AM in response to David Strait

I am currently trying to upload my photos from my ipad to aperture (just came back travelling and used ipad as storage). it is soooo slooooowwww... there's 800 raw photos i need to upload and i only manage 300 so far after a good couple of hours.

first i thought it was my aperture cos i'm running out of space, but even after cleared up some space it is still slow. I changed to other app to import 1 photo just to test it... it is still slow. it is the ipad!

any way to improve it?

ps: i have 4 SD cards while travelling, one SD does not work with the ipad, crashes after importing few photos and i tried it at least 10 times. Probably the SD... not the ipad.

Camera Connection Kit: Delete imported Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.