3428 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2010 5:06 PM by Flyer2Farmer
I've seen before where you have to wipe the calendar entries from your iPhone and resync from scratch. I think there is a way via iTunes to do this. I've 100% migrated to Google Calendar, which has been flawless. You could always install the Google Calendar sync utility to run on your desktop and then sync your iPhone to Google...then Google would sync down to your Outlook or totally migrate to Google Calendars.
Ever since I update my iTunes with the latest version, I cannot sync to my Outlook calendar. What is in my iPhone doesn't write to my Outlook and what is in my Outlook doesn't write to my iPhone. I've tried uninstalling iTunes and re-installing. Also tried checking the box to write over the iPhone date. I do not have mobile me but I've never had a problem before. Any suggestions?
Probably a good thing that it is not syncing. When the lastest version of iTunes syncs it causes chaos. See this thread for details: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2383584&tstart=0
I too suggest you use Google calendar to sync through. It seems to be the only reliable way at the moment (unless you want to downgrade to older version of iTunes). Both solutions are outlined in the above thread.
I solved this problem after considerable work. I tried everything from Apple support, including the advanced advice, and everything I could find online. I upgraded the .pst file, corrected all the (previously unknown) minor calender entries and even upgraded from Outlook 03 to Outlook 07. I have up-to-date TMIS protection and all Windows updates.
I luckily had a laptop with an earlier version of iTunes, so I tried a synch with that and it worked as published. I then updated the laptop to 9.1 and, bingo, same problem. So I uninstalled iTunes 9.1 on my PC and went back to 188.8.131.52 (some minor problems with back-compatability of the .itl and .itdb files) and the problem has completely gone away.
There is a bug in 9.1 that stops Outlook synching. I have deselected automatic iTunes updates until Apple recognise the problem and provide a solution.
I tried everything that I could find that seemed relevant to this problem and nothing worked, so I think the ball is in Apple's court for a quick fix.
Interestingly, I learnt quite a about MS Office Outlook while troubleshooting and fixed a lot of Calendar errors that I didn't know were there. I also upgraded the .pst file to the multilingual Unicode data format (greater storage capacity for items and folders - see your Outlook help to find out how to do this) as the original .pst file was pre-Outlook 2003. Perhaps you could tidy up your Outlook data files as a start (through View->Current View->All Appointments), while you wait for Apple.